So it’s Christmas morning, all the gifts have been torn open, kids are playing with their new toys and you now need to feed the family. How great would it be if all you had to do was pop something in the oven? Well, here you go! Follow this recipe and have an easy peasy morning that you can enjoy with your family!
1 lb of bacon(ham or sausage-whichever you prefer!)
2 Onions, chopped-if you want to go crazy add some peppers!
2 Cups fresh sliced mushrooms(you can leave this out if you want)
1 Tablespoon butter
4 Cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups of Milk
1 pinch of dried parsley
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)
- Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. Add the mushrooms and onion to the skillet; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent and the mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with the tablespoon of butter. Place potatoes in bottom of prepared dish. Sprinkle with salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Top with crumbled bacon, then add the onions and mushrooms.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the milk and parsley. Pour the beaten eggs over the casserole. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until set-15 minutes before you take it out, sprinkle cheese all over the top!